[Termtools] LP and FP competition

Peter Schneider-Kamp psk at informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Oct 15 16:14:39 CEST 2008

Dear all,

having the abstract query as a part of the input problem definitely
seems the way to go.

For compatibility with parts of the existing example sets and to avoid
that the abstract query produces a failure, I would propose the
following syntax (based on % being the Prolog character for line
comments):

%query: p(i,o).

This would specify all queries p(t_1,t_2) where t_1 is a ground
term and t_2 is arbitrary.

We could agree to have this comment line be the first line of
every file.

Some examples also use 'b' (for bound) instead of 'i' (for input)
and 'f' (for free) instead of 'o' (for output). There is also
a variant with 'g' (for ground) and 'a' (for any), but I don't
think there are any such examples in the TPDB.

What do you think?

Best regards,
Peter