[Termtools] SRS-certified category?

René Thiemann rene.thiemann at uibk.ac.at
Fri Oct 17 14:08:24 CEST 2008

Dear all,

> I suggested earlier to include
> a "SRS-certified" category in the upcoming competition.

fine with me

> Simon is currently testing TRS-certified - once this works,
> SRS-certified should be an easy extension.
>
> On the "client" side, the only change (for tools using Rainbow/CoLoR)
> would be to replace one call of "trs2xml" by "srs2xml".

I propose to not do this but just to convert all "SRS"s into the
common format of "TRS" and also include them only as TRSs into the
database.
Then one can just use the standard machinery on TRSs which is working
on a subset of full TPDB, namely on all TRSs which turn out to have
only unary symbols.

Currently, we have-in my opinion-the strange situation that there are
TRSs with only unary symbols in the TRS-directory which are not
considered for the SRS-category. Moreover, why are the SRSs excluded
when we speak about all TRSs in TPDB? If we want to get rid of this,
then there should be no syntactical difference between TRS and SRS
anymore.
(I already explained this in Leipzig and there have been no objections.)

The only overhead I see is that those tools which currently only
feature string rewriting have to adapt their parser.

Cheers,
René
René Thiemann                    mailto:Rene.Thiemann at uibk.ac.at
Computational Logic Group        http://cl-informatik.uibk.ac.at/~thiemann/
Institute of Computer Science    phone: +43 512 507-6434
University of Innsbruck