[Termtools] SRS-certified category?

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Fri Oct 24 11:26:51 CEST 2008

Dear all,

I asked for opinions on introducing the category SRS-certified.
There was some discussion on and off list. To summarize:

1) certification is the goal
2) SRS could be treated as TRS

Now my impression is that (2) needs more discussion
(not so much on the syntax but on the implications on
the presentation of results)
so I think it is out of the question for the November deadline.

So let me repeat the suggestion to have SRS-certified now
(that is, using the existing *.srs input syntax)
(in the same way that TRS-certified is an extension of TRS-standard).

I think this should be easy to realize on the server,
given the machinery for TRS-certified that is already in place.
(Simon, can you confirm? How much time would you need?)

So far, two teams (Aprove, Matchbox) want to take part.
Perhaps there are there more?

Are there strong reasons not to do this?

If we do it, then I suggest to take SRS/Zantema/* for random testing.

Best regards, Johannes.