[Termtools] upcoming competition

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Wed Oct 29 19:35:18 CET 2008

Simon,

what information do you need to set up the scheduler?
Is "name of tool and category" enough?
(So, can "implementation" be picked later?)

Then there could be a deadline for registration (say, Friday noon),
then Simon sets the scheduler ticking (and goes home for the weekend)
and the competition will be started at midnight using the (then)
"selected" implementation of each registered tool.

Since the issue of bylaws came up - when is a tool/implementation
allowed to take part in the competition? Does the Steering Committee
want to monitor the list of applicants, and "okay" them?
(Then this should be done at the registration deadline.)

(I must say - starting directly into "autopilot" at midnight
requires some faith in the software. But there has been extensive
testing, so this may actually work. Was this "autostart" also tested?
If not, we could postpone until Monday, daytimes)

Best regards, Johannes.