[Termtools] Deadline and Submission of new examples

Juergen Giesl giesl at informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Oct 30 11:05:34 CET 2008

Dear all,

>> Adding examples to the TPDB before the competition was
>> always possible and so I don't see why this shouldn't be possible this time.
>
> Proposal:
>
> 1. as in the years before, up to 10 examples per team
> and category can be submitted (using the existing (non-XML) syntax) ...
>
> 2. ... by the registration deadline (if we are going to have it),
> so that Simon can check their syntax, and add them to the data base.
>
> 3. These should be treated as "secret" problems
> (will be shown only after the competition started).

from the preceding mails, it seems that there are only few examples
that people will want to add to the data base. The point is not
that these have to be secret examples, but just examples that
were published in the meanwhile or that illustrate something important.
So I guess that something like 10 examples in total per team (for all
categories together) would be enough and these examples could be
submitted before the competition (i.e., they don't have to be secret).

Best Regards
Juergen

PS: Is it clear what the timeout for each example will be in the
competition? 60 s or 120 s?