[Termtools] When to start the competition?

Simon Bailey simon.bailey at uibk.ac.at
Thu Oct 30 17:46:03 CET 2008

hi,

> Suggestions? I asked yesterday whether a distance between
> deadline for submission and start of competition is needed at all.
>

> I read Simon's answer as "technically, it's not needed".

the minimum deadline should be about 5mins to be on the safe side

> So I suggest to keep it short - (re-)submission of an
> implementation should be possible until one hour (or less)
> before the start of competition.

one hour would be a good deadline.

> Simon: would that be feasible for the midnight deadline?
> (I assume it's easy when you're in the office)

i've been working on setting up a way automagically schedule a
competition start and also to enforce a submission deadline x hours
before the scheduled start. this will be needed in future if the
competition goes into a monthly/bi-monthly/whenever cycle or to
schedule full re-runs

regards,
sb
--