[Termtools] competition parameters

Simon Bailey Simon.Bailey at uibk.ac.at
Wed Dec 16 18:02:42 CET 2009

hi,

we will be feeding albert's algorithm (documented at http://termcomp.uibk.ac.at/status/rules.html)
  with the following parameters:

a = 10
b = 75
c = 0.3

this returns 11691 (tool, terminationproblem) pairs. in 2008, the
average running time over all the results was 22.559 seconds. using
this value gives us a guesstimated run time of the 2009 competition at
3d 01:15:40 (hh:mm:ss). the maximum possible running time will be 8d
02:51:00 (given a timeout of 60 seconds).

depending on how much the tools have improved, the running time may be
siginificantly less... :)

the certifiers are not included in this run time, as they cannot start
until after the end of the competition proper. if i'm reading the
submissions properly, we have four certifiers entered to run on 2871
generated proofs (totals for srs: 856 and trs: 2015), resulting in
11484 (certifier,proof) pairs. as we have no run-time guesstimates for
these certifiers yet, this part of the competition may take a while
longer...

as i'm still waiting on the final set of numbers from a member of the
steering committee, the competition will start tomorrow morning at
11:00am.

regards,
sb

p.s.: see attached PDF for exact numbers of problems and entries per
category (generated this afternoon).
--
Simon Bailey
Systems Administrator