[Termtools] standard references for termination provers

Claude Marché Claude.Marche at inria.fr
Thu May 14 16:31:22 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Johannes Waldmann wrote:
> While we're at it - what is the preferred way
> of referring to TPDB? I introduced this wiki page recently
> http://termination-portal.org/wiki/TPDB
> but is there a publication (in the above sense)?

This is not an easy question. The TPDB is the result of contributions of
many people. The best real publication I can think of, which is also the
best I think of to refer to the termination competition in general, is
the RTA'07 paper of Hans Zantema and I:

@inproceedings{marche07rta,
   author = {March\'e, Claude and Zantema, Hans},
   title = {The Termination Competition},
   crossref = {rta07},
   pages = {303--313},
   x-pdf = {http://www.lri.fr/~marche/marche07rta.pdf},
   x-slides = {http://www.lri.fr/~marche/marche07rta-slides.pdf}
}

@proceedings{rta07,
   editor = {Franz Baader},
   title = {Term Rewriting and Applications},
   booktitle = {18th International Conference on Rewriting Techniques
and Applications (RTA'07)},
   address = {Paris, France},
   month = jun,
   publisher = {Springer},
   series = {Lecture Notes in Computer Science},
   volume = 4533,
   year = 2007
}

The URL to the current TPDB should be probably added as note.

- Claude

--
Claude Marché                          | tel: +33 1 72 92 59 69
INRIA Saclay - Île-de-France           | mobile: +33 6 33 14 57 93