[Termtools] competition results - some comments

Simon Bailey simon.bailey at uibk.ac.at
Fri Jan 29 11:25:09 CET 2010

hi,

On 28 Jan 2010, at 19:40, olivier pons wrote:
> We also noticed some strange results for cime3finder (only 9 proofs
> found!). We also strongly suspect some problem with the path
> variable not containing the minisat2 executable file. Is it possible
> to have a confirmation that this is the problem please?

jboss at termcomp$ echo $PATH
/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin
jboss at termcomp$ which minisat
/usr/local/bin/minisat
jboss at termcomp$ minisat
This is MiniSat 2.0 beta
[...]
jboss at termcomp$ which minisat-core
/usr/local/bin/minisat-core
jboss at termcomp$ minisat-core
This is MiniSat 2.0 beta
[...]

looks like minisat version 2 is in the path. and has been since the
last competition 2008. this was installed on 30/Oct/2008, compiled
from source. the minisat compilation process makes files called
'minisat', regardless of which directory it is compiled in. in order
for users to call whichever binary they want, there are two
executables, 'minisat-core' and 'minisat-simp', minisat is a symlink
to minisat-core.

@olivier: you requested this information on 30/Oct/2008 at 16:01 and i
replied at 16:09 with the following information:

<<<
On Oct 30, 2008, at 4:01 PM, olivier.pons at cnam.fr wrote:
 > Thank you for all those answers. The tools are created on the site
 > and my
 > Zip is ready to be uploaded.
 > I am now waiting you confirmation that minisat and coccinelle are
 > installed.
 > to upload and start the test ?

coccinelle is in /usr/local/share/coccinelle
minisat (core) is /usr/local/bin/minisat or /usr/local/bin/minisat-core
minisat (simp) is /usr/local/bin/minisat-simp

minisat is 2.0(beta).

ulrich schmidt-goerz and johannes waldmann also requested this
information on the 30/Oct/2008 at around about the same time and got
the same answer.

btw, the version of minisat installed is from the archive http://minisat.se/downloads/minisat2-070721.zip
.

regards,