[Termtools] termcomp status

Johannes Waldmann johannes.waldmann at htwk-leipzig.de
Tue Jul 8 20:42:46 CEST 2014

Dear all,

here's a short status report on termcomp preparation:

* registration is officially closed (but I will keep accepting fixes
  for bugs discovered during testing)

* test runs are ongoing (some public, some hidden)

* presentation platform still needs work (e.g., scoring for complexity)

I do think we will manage to be ready in time, and have working
competition, and a working results presentation.

It's good to see well-established categories with a healthy
number of participants, and also two new ones (integer transition
systems, and C programs).

Also, it's exciting to know that we'll have at our disposal
the most powerful hardware for running termcomp, ever.
Back-of-the-envelope: the full run 2013 took one week (approx.),
using one machine. With 100 nodes, we could do this in < 2 hours now.

This leaves a range of options (for choosing the number of benchmarks
to use, and the time-out) and we (termcomp SC) decide about that
after we (organizers) collect more data.

As always, you find current registration info
and public test data here:
http://nfa.imn.htwk-leipzig.de/termcomp-devel/

Please check (again)
* that I am using the correct solver/config ids,
  and have your solver in the intended category
* that your solver behaves as expected,
* that our platform shows/scores it correctly
  (if not, email me, or use the issue tracker)

Don't forget to fill in the "description" and "website" fields
of your solver on star-exec. This will be shown like this:
http://nfa.imn.htwk-leipzig.de/termcomp-devel/show_solver_info/1342
and linked to from all over the place, in particular,
from the results/overview page, and you want to look good there.

Best regards, Johannes.