[Termtools] TermComp 2015 : possible problems?

Johannes Waldmann johannes.waldmann at htwk-leipzig.de
Thu Aug 6 17:47:12 CEST 2015

Hi Salvador,

> Again, MU-TERM says YES but it is not taken into account due to a
> 'permission denied' thing... See, respectively:
>
>    http://nfa.imn.htwk-leipzig.de/termcomp-2015/pairs/121514021

this "permission denied" certainly was on stderr,
but was merged by star-exec software with stdout,
where YES appeared, but only later.

the postprocessor just checks the first line
of stdout and stderr combined and assigned status MAYBE.

I cannot do anything right now.

I will forward this question to the starexec folks
because it's about (file) permissions on their machine -

most probably. Although you are using this in your run script:

prefix=$(date +"%Y%m%d%H%M%S");
xsltproc xtc2tpdb.xsl $1 > /tmp/muTermIn_$prefix.trs;

and this could give overlapping names
in case two things happen in the same second.

General note: if you see any problems like this,
please document them, by posting messages here,
giving enough detail (i.e., links to job pairs).

- Johannes.