[Termination tools] Categories

Juergen Giesl giesl at informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Mar 24 11:26:28 CET 2005

Dear all,

> Claude - since the tool deadline (April 7)
> is before the "secret problems" deadline (April 8)
> I assume (and hope) you plan to publish the tools (the binaries)
> on the competition website on time (i. e. April 7 midnight :-)
> so we can "stress test"  each other's tool,
> and submit the test cases to the competition problem set,
> so they will have some influence on the final result.

Do you really think that this is a good idea? Then everyone will
make sure that his own system is the only one being able
to solve his own secret problems. Wouldn't it be more interesting
if the tools and the secret problems have the same deadline
so that nobody knows whether his own secret problems can be
solved by the other tools?

Best Regards
Juergen