[Termtools] machine architecture for competition

Peter Schneider-Kamp psk at informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue May 29 14:47:33 CEST 2007

Claude ? schrieb:
> Nevertheless, an information I can give is that I will not run any
> tool on a machine with less than 1 Gbytes of memory.

Dear Claude,

minimal hardware details are indeed sufficient. They could even be made
public so people are not surprised if results are different on
their P3 800 MHz with 128 MBytes of RAM.

Regarding memory, we are happy with 1 GByte.
The statement for operating system seems to be "some not too old Linux",
right?

Can you make a similar statement about the CPU (along the lines
of "not slower than a 2 GHz Pentium 4" or something like that?).

Kind regards,
Peter
Peter Schneider-Kamp   mailto:psk at informatik.rwth-aachen.de
LuFG Informatik II     http://www-i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/~nowonder
RWTH Aachen            phone: ++49 241 80-21211