[Termtools] Outermost competition details

Andreas Gebhardt andreasgebhardt at web.de
Wed Dec 17 20:31:29 CET 2008

Hi Jörg & List-Members,

> I am very sorry, but I have just killed the competition webserver.
> The problem is almost certainly with the runme script of Jambox,
> it contains a line:
>   killall -q java &> /dev/null;
> and I guess this line has killed tomcat.

One easy possibility is to create a process group. Start Jambox as a
member of this process group and if needed kill the process group.

Advantage:
  all (sub)processes (member of the process group) will be killed too

I anybody want such a little script/c-programm i can hack this one.

Kind Regards,
Andreas