[Termtools] Outermost Category

René Thiemann rene.thiemann at uibk.ac.at
Mon Nov 3 12:35:49 CET 2008

> Then we should vote on a date for the outermost competition:
>
> (A1) November 21, 2008
> (A2) December 12, 2008
> (A3) later
>
> I vote for (A1) or (A2) since there has been a lot of progress
> in outermost termination this year and therefore we
> should also have an "outermost competition" this year still.

I would also go for (A1) or (A2).

> Second, we should vote on the examples to include:
>
> (B1) Examples with "STRATEGY OUTERMOST".
> (B2) Examples with "STRATEGY OUTERMOST".
>    and
>    all TRS (standard category) which no tool proved
>    to be terminating in the 2008 competition.
>    (that includes the non-terminating TRS)
> (B3) feel welcome to suggest another set of examples
>
> In case of (B2) we might want to vote on the scoring function
> to prevent that the outermost category will be dominated
> by 500 examples from the TRS standard category:
>
> (C1) Weight the TRS standard category examples with factor 0.5.
> (C2) Split the score in 50 points for "STRATEGY OUTERMOST"
>     and 50 points for the TRS standard examples. The winner
>     of the respective category gets the full 50 points,
>     the other tools get points do to the percentage of solved
>     with respect to the winner.
> (C3) feel welcome to suggest another scoring function
>
> Should we turn this into an electronic voting on the wiki page?

I would prefer (B2) and (C2) or (C4): everything 1 point. Concerning
the current formulation of (C2) I added some comments on the wiki-page.

Best,
René
René Thiemann                    mailto:rene.thiemann at uibk.ac.at
Computational Logic Group        http://cl-informatik.uibk.ac.at/~thiemann/
Institute of Computer Science    phone: +43 512 507-6434
University of Innsbruck