[Termtools] competition - status

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Fri Nov 7 11:57:04 CET 2008

Dear all,

the complexity categories are done now,
and since midnight, there are four tools working on SRS-standard.

Among them, we welcome a new entrant "nonloop" by Martin Oppelt.
http://termination-portal.org/wiki/Tools:Nonloop

His program finds some cases of non-looping non-termination,
including the classical examples by Zantema/Geser,
like ( RULES b a L -> L a L X b a b b  , b L -> L b ) ,
submitted as SRS/oppelt/*

As a side-effect, "nonloop" is quite good at finding loops as well.
E.g. it solves SRS/Waldmann07b/size-12-alpha-3-num-170.srs
which no-one could do last year.

(NB: with Claude's help, Simon and I are preparing
for importing results from earlier competitions into the results
data base, in order make them available for combined queries.)

Best regards, Johannes.