[Termtools] LP and FP competition

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Wed Oct 15 15:19:48 CEST 2008

> 2) in the LP category, how do the tools determine the query mode? (is
> it parsed from the input file or passed by the execution environment?)

it seems the mode is the first line of the input file,
see e.g. http://www.lri.fr/~marche/tpdb/tpdb-2.0/LP/talp/apt/SS_map.pl

From looking at software used earlier
http://www.lri.fr/~marche/termination-competition/2006/talp/runme
it seems the query was given on the command line.

I'd say, the participants of that category should state
what they'd find most convenient;  and then Simon checks
how it can be made to fit with the execution environment.

(From a software engineering viewpoint, including the (mode and)
query with the problem statement would seem most reasonable:
then there is exactly one data source per problem execution.)

Best regards, J.W.